Part B: Our work in detail
Statements of service provision
These outcomes below guide our activities. We’re looking to develop greater linkages between these outcomes and our seven activity areas. We have also started to identify outcome measures and indicators and over the next few years we will progressively introduce a performance framework to allow us to track progress against these outcomes.
Our outcomes and objectives are structured around the seven activity areas against which we measure our performance. These activities are:
Environment – protecting and enhancing Wellington’s environment
Economic development – promoting the city’s competitive advantages in order to enhance quality of life
Cultural wellbeing – reflecting and shaping Wellington’s unique cultural identity
Social and recreation – sustaining safe, resilient and healthy communities
Urban development – preserving Wellington as a compact, vibrant and attractive city, now and into the future
Transport – delivering an efficient and safe transport system that connects people and places
In the following pages we explain what is proposed in 2016/17 for each activity area in terms of:
- scope statement – an outline of the scope of our work under the activity
- key projects – a summary of the key initiatives for the year
- activity statements – what activities are to be undertaken and their rationale, the specific services to be provided
- performance targets – an outline of objectives, outcome indicators and performance targets
- what it will cost – a summary financial table for that activity area.